Victoria Cruises - popular Yangtze River cruise line with great service
Victoria Cruises, including eight 5-star ships, has been the leading Yangtze cruise fleet on the Yangtze River since 1994. All the ships are newly built or structurally rebuilt and all refurbished with a modern blend of European-Asian design. As the only American-managed cruise company, they know what the western customers really want and provide the outstanding onboard services. It has earned numerous awards and recognitions over the years, such as the 2011 TravelAge West Wave Award Editor’s Pick for Best River Cruise Line.
In 2020, all the seven ships run stable schedules from mondays to sundays between Chongqing and Yichang, taking 4 days & 3 nights for downstream cruise (Chongqing->Yichang) and 5 days & 4 nights for upstream cruise (Yichang->Chongqing). Select your ship now!
Interesting Activities & Shore Excursions to Experience
(1) All Victoria cruise ships offer the optional chance to go through the world’s largest ship lift - Three Gorges Dam Ship Lift to very closely marvel at the dam which is a totally fresh and exciting experience for travelers. (2) All Victoria cruise ships have innovative arrangement to Jade Emperor Scenic Area to see the largest Jade Emperor in the world and know some Taoist culture. (3) All Victoria Cruise ships offer the unique optional experience of Return to the Three Gorges, a newly created on-site live performance by Zhang Yimou.
Good News: the 2020/2021 Victoria Cruises booking is available now! Book early and you'll save more!
Newest Victoria Sabrina Cruise Booking Available: 2020 & 2021 Early bird booking of Victoria Sabrina cruise is available now! It is the newest and largest cruise first sailing in 2020 and is complimented for being the first eco-friendly Yangtze River cruise. Book the brand-new cruise early to save more!!
- Cruise Calendar
- Fleet Comparison
- Booking & Boarding Tips
- Life onboard
Victoria Cruises Calendar in 2020 & 2021
Ramark: CQ=Chongqing; YC=Yichang
Victoria Cruises Itinerary
Victoria Cruises is famous for its imaginatively designed itineraries with year-round departures to satisfy its travelers sailing on Yangtze River. In 2020, all the seven Victoria ships run between Chongqing and Yichang which means travelers can feel free to choose 4 Days & 3 Nights Downstream cruise from Chongqing to Yichang or 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
During the Yangtze cruise, travelers on Victoria cruises can not only enjoy the stunning scenery of Three Gorges, but also enjoy kinds of shore excursions to the cultural and historical sites along the Yangtze River, which offers you a chance to deeply explore the counties and local people's real life along the river.
Victoria Cruises Chongqing=Yichang Cruise Itinerary & Shore Excursions
4 Days & 3 Nights, Downstream
5 Days & 4 Nights, Upstream
|Arranged Shore Excursions||Jade Emperor Scenic Area,
Three Gorges Dam Site
|Three Gorges Dam Site,
Jade Emperor Scenic Area
|Optional Excursion with Extra Fee||Fengdu Ghost City,
Three Kingdoms Open Air Show,
White Emperor City,
|Tribe of the Three Gorges (Or Quyuan Birthplace),
White Emperor City,
Return to the Three Gorges Show,
Fengdu Ghost City
|Cruise Ships||Victoria Jenna, Victoria Anna, Victoria Selina, Victoria Katarina, Victoria Lianna, Victoria Grace, Victoria Sophia.|
- Please note that the shore excursions are subject to change due to weather, river conditions and permission from the navigational authorities. The cruise company will arrange the same fabulous sightseeing if the prearranged sites cannot be visited in a particular case.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursion needs extra charge and you have the final say whether you take it or not.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursions are prepared based on the number of visitors who want to go. You can visit if there are 30 or more people interested (the number of visitors may be adjusted based on the real situation). You have the final decision where to go or not on your own. If yes, tell the reception desk who would register for you and receive your pay in site. The ARRANGED shore excursions are included in your quotation, so you could visit the sites without extra charge. However, if you do not visit the sites, the fees of arranged shore excursion sites are not refunded. If you do not visit the shore excursions, you could stay on the ship to enjoy some leisure time. And for your safety, you are not allowed to leave your ship on your own.
- Choose the ship to see the SAMPLE cruise itinerary.
Compare the Ships
Seven luxury cruise ships of Victoria Cruises are operating the most popular cruising route between Chongqing and Yichang, offering the same outstanding services on board.
To help you find the best Victoria cruise ship according to your own need, we’ve listed the features of all Victoria Cruises in the table below, so you can compare them in a glance.
Victoria Cruises Booking Tips
Please Provide Complete Information for Booking
When booking a Victoria cruise ship, please provide us the complete information including your and your group members’ name, nationality (if you have two nationalities, please show us the nationality used for entry visa), gender, passport number, date of birth, your favorite cabin and amount of cabins, and other personal requirements.
Valid Documents & Real-name Registration
When booking the Victoria cruise ships with us, please provide us the correct passport info, like your name and passport number. Real-name registration is needed when booking the cruise. If there is any change for your passport, please contact us and provide us the latest personal info that we should deliver to the cruise company once you changed.
What’s Include & Exclude in Victoria Cruise Fare
The following items are included in your cruise fare and there is no need to pay when you board a Victoria cruise ship.
- Shuttle between Yichang downtown area and Maoping Port: For a downstream cruise, Victoria Cruises company arranges shuttle service from Three Gorges Dam Site to Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal to see off; for an upstream cruise, Victoria Cruise company arranges shuttle service between 18:00~20:00 on the first day to transfer from Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal to Maoping Port.
- Entrance Fees: The arranged shore excursions listed in the itinerary of your cruise ship. Arranged downstream shore excursions include Shibaozhai Pagoda, Shennv Stream and Three Gorges Dam Site; and the arranged upstream shore excursions include Three Gorges Dam Site, Shennong Stream and Shibaozhai Pagoda.
- Meals: The daily meals (specified with “B”, “L” or “D”) on your cruise ship.
- Cabins: A bed in the cabin as specified in the itinerary. You could enjoy your room
during daytime and night. Usually,
Chongqing to Yichang for 3 nights onboard;
Yichang to Chongqing for 4 nights onboard;
- Activities & Lectures: Captain Welcome Party, cabaret shows, fashion shows, Chinese Yangtze culture and history lectures, Captain Farewell party;
- Cleaning: room cleaning service every day;
- Local guides for the arranged shore excursions;
- Accident Injury Insurance;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
The following items are excluded in the Victoria cruise fare. If you want to enjoy the services, you need to pay extra fees accordingly.
- Transfers: Transportation between Yichang Airport / train station and Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal; and transportation between Chongqing airport / train station and Chaotianmen Port.
- Optional Shore Excursions: Fengdu Ghost City, White Emperor City, Tribe of Three Gorges, Three Kingdoms Open Air Show, Ship Lift, Return to the Three Gorges Show and Quyuan Birthplace need extra charge. 295 RMB for each one site per person, except Quyuan Birthplace for 220 RMB.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, clinic service, faxes, telephone calls, spa, salon, shopping, Internet, DVDs, etc.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L", or "D".
- Single Room Supplement: If you want to stay in one cabin (usually two beds in one cabin) on your own, you need to pay higher than one room shared with another.
- Tip: There is a mandatory service tip required to be paid when checking in the cruise, you can pay at the ship reception counter. You can decide to pay or not for volunteer tips to river guide, cruise director and staff onboard.
Victoria Cruises Boarding Tips
Call the Ship or Check Email ahead
In normal circumstances, no matter you take downstream or upstream Victoria Cruises, you usually embark your ships at Chongqing Chaotianmen Port and Maoping Port. Check the exact ship for detailed boarding time. Also, it may do some adjustment for special events, like weather condition, level of water, river navigational conditions, annual maintenance of the Three Gorges Dam ship locks, etc.
To make everything go smoothly, please call the ship (the phone number we’ll show you clearly in the Confirmation Letter) one day ahead or at least in the morning on the boarding day. Or, you can also check your mailbox on the boarding day or one day before for the updated boarding information our travel consultant delivered. Please make sure your phone can be called through in China, so that we can also call you if there is any urgent change.
Find the Exact Pier in Chongqing & Yichang
Chongqing Chaotianmen Port is the general pier name and it is consisted of 13 sub-piers. While, Yichang Maoping Port is about 50 kilometers away from Yichang downtown (about 1~1.5 hours’ drive). For an upstream cruise, travelers should first gather at Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal and take the bus arranged by the Victoria Cruises to Maoping Port.
For the boarding pier and gathering place are not so easy to get to, you’d better use our worry free private transfer service. The local guide or driver will take you to the correct cruise pier from the airport / train stations, etc.
Board your Ship at the scheduled Time
Please plan your transportation ahead and board your ship at schedule time. If there is any trouble for your flights, train or local transportation to the port causing you arrive at the port late, please contact us at first time and we’ll try our best to help you solve the problem.
Collect Cruise Ticket & Security Check at the Pier
Travelers need to collect your cruise ticket with real-name info signed at the corresponding port in Chongqing / Yichang (please make sure your passport and ticket with consistent information). After the ticket collecting, you'll be followed to get security check before board the ship for check-in.
Note: The cruise ticket collecting and security checking time of Victoria Cruises in Chongqing Chaotianmen Port is from 18:00 on the boarding day. For more details about security check, please feel free to contact us.
Please kindly note that if you do not book private transfer with us and need to hire the local porters to carry your luggage in either Chongqing or Yichang Port to your ship, please discuss the price with the porter beforehand. It usually charges according to the number of your luggage.
For more Victoria Cruises booking and boarding questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents who are here ready to help you at any time!
Cuisine & Drinking
Victoria Cruises has hired award winning celebrity chef Walter Staib to design and upgrade its dining and the food has already earns high marks from travelers in recent years. The cuisine on Victoria Cruises is specially designed for western travelers with both western buffet and Chinese cuisine experience.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all western and Chinese buffets, served in a single-seating Dynasty Dining Room. Also, an elegant Captain’s Farewell Banquet is served on the final night of the cruise. In addition, there is also a separate a la carte dining room on Victoria Anna, Victoria Jenna, Victoria Katarina, Victoria Lianna and Victoria Selina. An additional charge need to be paid in the a la carte dining room, except for passengers pre-booking Suites and upgraded Superior Cabins on Executive Decks. However, as the new upgrade of Victoria Grace, there is only the main restaurant on this ship, and travelers of deluxe suites as well as Shangri-La suites now could only enjoy the food in this dining room.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner onboard are all western and Chinese buffets.
- Complimentary tea and coffee is offered in the early morning before breakfast (usually at 06:30~07:00).
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted on board, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- The scheduled time listed for each Victoria ship is for reference and it may do some adjustment based on the real situation. Meal times will be posted in a daily events schedule distributed to each cabin.
- Drinkable water is offered through the room thermos and bottled water (1 bottle per person per day). Please do not drink the tap water.
- Yangtze Club on each Victoria ship offers drinks, beverage, wines for travelers from morning till night.
- The legal drinking age on Victoria Cruises ships is 18 years old.
Stay in clean, comfortable, non-smoking and quiet cabins on Victoria Cruises to enjoy fantastic scenery along Yangtze River!
Victoria Jenna, Victoria Anna and Victoria Sophia have four types of cabins including Superior Cabins, Executive Suite, Deluxe Suite and Shangri-La Suite. While Victoria Katarina, Victoria Selina, Victoria Lianna and Victoria Grace have three types of cabins including Superior Cabins, Executive Suite, and Shangri-La Suite.
Besides the comfortable beds, other facilities in the cabins usually include luggage rack, broadcast, refrigerator, television, telephone, telephone directory, ball-point pen, note, private bathrooms, bathtub, shower, shower cap, towels, soap, cups, comb, shampoo, shower gel, toilet paper, slipper, clothesline, clothes hanger, thermos, bottled water, safe box, hair dryer, life jacket, laundry bag, daily itinerary sheet, chairs and so on.
- All cabins of Victoria Ships have private balconies and bathrooms with bathtub and shower.
- The twin single beds in standard cabins of all Victoria Cruise ships can not be put together to make a double larger bed.
- No extra bed is available to be added in the standard cabins of all Victoria Cruise ships
- Travelers in Executive Suites or Shangri-La Suites can enjoy VIP service.
- If you need and can't find toothbrush and toothpaste in your cabin, please ask for the front desk.
Travelers on Victoria Cruises can attend Chinese history and culture lectures, like the evolution of the Three Gorges Dam Project and its importance to China, Chinese medicine, Chinese traditional brush painting, dumpling wrapping; enjoy the awesome time at Captain’s Welcome Party and Captain’s Farewell Banquet; as well as enjoy evening entertainment activities - fashion shows and cabaret shows performed by the talented cruise staff. You will not only learn Chinese painting, Chinese mahjong and Taichi Quan, but also have a fun time with other customers onboard, making new friends and sharing your happy travel time with each other.
Victoria Cruises offers Massage rooms, Reading Room, and Beauty Salon on each ship, where you can totally relax yourself after a shore excursion or kill your time at afternoon. Lounges, bars and the Yangtze Club on board are good choices to meet new friends.
There is a doctor and health clinic on each Victoria Cruises ship. Customary charges are in effect for medical care. And the doctor will take a lecture of traditional Chinese Medicine, telling you something about Chinese medicinal herb and acupuncture and moxibustion. You can do some excursuses in the Fitness room on board, or join to play Taichi on the sundeck every morning.
Phone Calls, Faxes and Internet Access
International / local phone calls and faxes are available at the reception desk and the Business Center on all Victoria Cruises ships. Each ship is also equipped with Internet access and an Internet cafe on board.. All of these services are fee-based and you can sign these charges to your account and settle them at the end of the voyage.
Staff on Board
Since Victoria Cruises is the ONLY cruise line that managed by American company, there is western cruise director and English-speaking river guides on each ship, providing interesting lectures about China and the Yangtze for you. And it is the outstanding services, offered by those well-trained staff, makes Victoria Cruises so different from others.